Primary School to Std X
Late Hazrath Moulana Muhammed Abdul Bari Saheb (Rahmatullahi-Alaih) established this institution in the year 1946; a renowned scholar, and Educationist in Arabic and Persian and profoundly honored personality of the city of Bangalore. The sole motive behind was to promote education amongst the community and to provide the best instruction at a low cost. The institution was named as JAMIUL ULOOM. It was started with Eleven students.
Hazrath realized the need of English as the medium of instruction; and understood its utter importance for the day-to-day challenges. He added English Medium Sections to JAMIUL ULOOM and gradually shaped it to a full fledged English Primary School in the year 1960. This institution was named as ABDUL BARIíS PRIMARY SCHOOL for the purpose of recognition by the Government of Karnataka.
It was developed into a High School in 1971, and upgraded into a Junior College in 1981. But it was quite unfortunate that the Junior College sections had to be shut down in 1994, due to the non co-operation of the community.
ABDUL BARIíS gained popularity for its excellent moral and educational standards, because Of the dedication, hard work and tireless efforts of the founder and his son Mr. Saeedul Bari Jawad Who joined the founder in his endeavors and helped to upgrade the institutions, way back from the year 1970.