College Type: Government
MD in: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology and leprosy, Paediatrics,
Objectives of Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences:
- To promote, establish, Maintain and develop a Medical college with a view to provide comprehensive relief and treatment and advanced care to citizens and to encourage and promote research and training in human ailments.
- To evolve, organise and supervise, programes, to detect health problems, educate the public, regarding the control of various diseases which are prevalent in the country.
- To support, organise and encourage, clinical and basic research progrmes, relating to the diagnosis and treatment of human ailments.
- To organise teaching and training of Medical undergraduates and postgraduates in the science of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation and research in human ailments, with stress on preventive aspects of such diseases in the community.
- To proved for undergraduate & postgraduate teaching and to prescribe courses and auricular in Medicine and surgery.
- To Maintain books, Journals and other lectures on human diseases