Bangalore - 560025
St. Joseph's College, Bangalore, was started in 1882 by the French Foreign Missionary Fathers for purpose of imparting higher education. In 1937, the management of the College was handed over to the Jesuits, a worldwide Religious Order going by the name 'Society of Jesus'. The College and its sister institution, are now managed by the Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society (Regd). A Department of Commerce was established in the College in 1949 in a seperate block on Langford Road.